Saturday, May 28, 2005

Memorial weekend with a SRK fan

For those of you who might wonder what does SRK means, I am talking about a big star who once stood near Marine Drive and said "I came to Bombay to own this city, now the city owns me". Kumar is a die-hard Shah Rukh Khan fan and a firm follower of all his movies.


Mr. Raj Aryan posing for Ashwariya in Mohabbatein 2


So, long weekend was here and I made plans to visit him in Arlington, VA. Took sort of half day from work and left early to catch a 5:30 Amtrak to Union Station. Luckily, I found an interesting company during the travel where we discussed about techical gadgets, mobile agents and grid computing. Sheila was a sales-rep for Capital Printing in NYC and was also tech savvy. Times flew so fast that I never realized 5 hours have passed by and I was already in DC.

Met Kumar outside and we went home. There I was Friday night sitting in IHop charting out plans for the long weekend. We started off visiting monuments Saturday morning.


Outside Lincoln Memorial - Akaash and Sameer

There was a huge motorcycle rally and you could only see Rockstars and Harley around.


Bike Rally for Memorial weekend

We later went to Ebbott Grill in downtown which is supposedly pricy and sat for 2 hours chatting over Hummus and drinks.

Then came Sunday. We decided to rent a car in the morning and check out beaches around. Ofcourse, I had to make the plan about the location and bookings (kidding Kumar). Both of us woke up close to 1pm and had to rush out to get the car at 2. Kumar took the driving seat and we missed the exit for 395. Finally moving around the area and after getting burgers and drinks, we reached Lake Anna State Park at 5pm. Drive was scenic and there were a lot of farms around. Virginia was beautiful and the place was much more exquisite. There was a quite a crowd with families sitting by the beach and enjoying the space. We hung out for a couple of hours.

..at Lake Anna State Park Posted by Hello


Enjoying the breeze Posted by Hello


And what am I supposed to pose like? Posted by Hello


Ki Ki Kiran - tum kidhar ho Posted by Hello



Kumar then promised me to take me to Adam's Morgan which is supposed to be a happening place in Arlington, yes, I mean full of clubs and bars. Missing the directions and taking a long time to find a place to park, we got there at closing time. Not much exciting though since I couldn't drink. Lekin Kaun kambakht bardaasht karne ke liye peeta hai...Its okay Kumar, Bade Bade Deshon Mein Aisi Choti Choti Baatein Hoti Rehti Hai.

Then came Monday and I knew I had to leave that day. I took that day easy and moved around the area and finally left for my town, New Haven. Vacation was well-spent and I was very happy to meet Kumar after more than 3 years. My return travel was disgusting and got home early morning of Tuesday for a yet-another short week. Yeah....

No comments: