Sunday, May 08, 2005

Cricket or JMS

Weather today was cloudy and windy, and Desh (a friend of my colleague at work) called me to confirm plans of cricket. That was at 4:45pm and it sounded like a fantastic idea since I had nothing to do that evening. All my plans on making the weekend worthwhile never occured but isnt playing cricket by itself a work of great merit?

I drove to Naugatuck which is around 30 miles north and saw some new faces today. There were around a dozen of guys who were waiting for me to get started. Wow - what an esteem? I felt great. The honor didnt lastlonger after I realize that they were waiting for a couple of more guys (and I was just one to come earlier). Nevermind - we started the match. Game went on until 8 after which I drove back home. Dinner was already ready and served on the table; it was a Greek cuisine waiting for me. Nice.

Himanshu made reservations today at a hotel in Binghamton for the next weekend. Looking forward on meeting everyone (Hiren, Priya, Sushant, Gujju, Umesh, Sabbu, others..) then. Hope we all have a nice time then. Right now, time to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you drove THIRTY miles to play cricket?!
wow.

get psyched sandeep --- your tongue is going to experience taste explosions like it has never experienced before
(and just to clarify, i am talking about food) =)

Sandeep said...

I have been doing 30 miles few times a week; after all me being a die hard fan. Every Indian does it.

I am all in for the Korean curry - cannot complain if this is happening only once a year.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Phoenix man.

Reading your about what happens to you daily reminds me that somebody somewhere else is living just another life which is not mine.

We stay in touch, my friend